Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Few of my Favorite Things: Episode 8: The Inspire Bible

https://www.amazon.com/Inspire-Bible-NLT-Creative-Journaling/dp/1496413741/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479826642&sr=8-1&keywords=inspire+bible

Today I want to talk about my favorite Bible for kids (and adults!)  This is the Inspire Bible.  It is a journaling Bible that has large margins so you can keep notes or doodle, and it also has many verses to color. In the above picture, I created the picture on the left, and I colored the  preprinted verse on the right.

Coloring or journaling helps me to slow down and focus on the verses instead of just skimming through them. I can reflect on a passage for a much longer time when I am journaling. 


I put this on my list of favorite things because my Bible has been a favorite with many of the students I teach. 

There are many different journaling Bibles.  I like this one because it has verses to color as well as margins to journal.  Many journaling Bibles do not have the coloring verses.  This is the New Living Translation (NLT) which is not my favorite version of the Bible, but it is simple to read and understand which would make it good for new readers.  I have priced this Bible from $20-$30.   You can buy the Inspire Bible here.

No comments:

Post a Comment